Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September 16, 2008

Warm Up
Tiger Pushups
Crucifixion
Scorpions
Inchworm
Reverse walking lunges hands overhead
High knee walk
Walking Lunge with quad stretch
Walking knee out
Lunge with a double twist
Superman walk
Kick walk

Pre-Work 3 rounds of 10-15 reps of
Overhead Squat with broomstick
Sit-up

My back is twinging today so, I'm taking it easy on pulling movements and since I'm messing with push ups in the work I'm taking it easy with pressing as well.

Work
Pushups -- got all excited about this site: One Hundred Pushups, so I'm working through their schedule. The point, I think, is to give yourself time to build the stamina. So, while the first week seems easy it is an important foundation. Unless, you've got youth on you side.

One of the CrossFit work outs -- I'm middle aged so my memory for names is shot.
5 Rounds

15 OHS, 100#
.25 mile run

20 something minutes

Core 3x20
4 way neck machine
Cable crunches
Hyperextensions
supine hip march
cable push-pull

Core for me now extends from the base of the skull, to the bottom of the pelvis, and around the middle ... including the hip flexors -- some compound movements extend it through the hamstrings. I prioritize core as number 1, but not, ironically, necessarily the first thing I do in a work out.

No comments: