Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 8, 2009

Jujitsu Class

Foot sweeps as a throw and as a feint for a throw. I like the idea of footsweeps, hard on them easy on me. But they really are about timing.

Spent a lot of time in Do Shime by itself and working into a stack either on the knees or standing up. Just plan an awkward position working with either gender.

Sparred with a young guy, I think in the end it was a draw... but if we had gone on much longer he would have beaten me. I've just got to beat young guys faster. I tried an obi throw I suppose it was out of line since we have not been taught that yet... but, it really kept the young guy off balance because he really didn't know what I was playing at, and Professor wasn't unhappy so what the heck.

In Karate and Jujitsu I've really got to focus on techniques that are easy on this aging body. I guess that is an element of "style" picking the things that you like and that work well and practicing the hell out of them. Every martial art seems to be like drinking from a firehose but there is no way for everything to become automatic. There just isn't enough time to practice it all so one has to be selective.

No comments: