Friday, March 6, 2009

Zone Breakfast, Day 5

4 oz Steak
2, fried eggs
half a cup of grapes
1.5 apples
some oil for the pans
2 tsps of chopped almonds for the fruit salad

I'm just a hair over on the protein and probably a bit under on the fat -- though with the egg yolks maybe not. I would think this meal would stick to the ribs. It seemed huge while I was eating it. I'm just starting to notice hints of hunger, 3.5 hours later. Certainly by 10 it will be time to eat.

Lunch is a left over Chile from last night. That was our first venture into combined foods since starting. I wasn't sure how much I could have? When the food is in nice distinct piles on your plate it is easy to visualize as "blocks" but, how much can I have when it is all mixed together? Obviously, I survived this crisis of conscience. And, at least, in the Zone they don't make you measure the cayenne too, so I could spice it up nicely.

No comments: