Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 22, 2010

Workout group, 7 of us, "Dude day", weighted vest.

JB had a small window of time and the shed was locked, so, despite the beautiful weather we went inside after a standard warm up and mobility routine.

Fun with Weights.

I got lost looking for clips in the weight room. So they started without me. It looked like some sort of dead-lift and walking with the bar medley.

M and I were working with 135#

Then we did dead-lift suicide, 5 on the base line, run to the foul line and back for 5 more dead-lift, out to the half court and so on.

Bar on one baseline us on the opposite, 5 burpees, run down to the bar and do 5 dead-lift, run back partner goes, we did two rounds.

5x5 complex

Dead-lift
Romanian Dead-lift
High Pulls
Power Cleans
Lunges

Regular suicide on the B-ball court lines.

Backwards walk with the bar overhead, something like a court and a half.

Lunge walk as far as you can partner switches.

Push-ups, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2
V-ups, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2

Floor to overhead anyhow, walk to foul line put it down, pick it up again, and walk to half court and so on.

Put the toys away.

Evening Workout. I've been swapping e-mails with a martial artist friend about training. So while the male offspring was doing Jujitsu I snuck off for another work out. It is my first attempt at an homage workout.

Weighted vest.

Push up burpees with a pull up, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2
hyperextensions, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10

3rounds
Overhead Squats, 95# plus chains 8 reps, last set I lost control on 3, but picked up again and finished
cable rear lateral raises, 35#, 8 reps
supine rows, 8 reps

I got on the stair climber but it wasn't monitering heart rate so to hell with it.

I grabbed 2 45# dumbbells and attacked... ok, climbed some stairs in an adjacent stairwell. I couldn't start where my friend is at, particularly with the vest. But I made some cool mods.

Carry dumbbells to the top, set them down, walk down, walk back up pick up the dumbells carry them down and walk back up, and so on. I did 5 cycles. About half and about half as fast as the man does -- ok for a start.

15 minutes of Sun salutations and Ashtanga intermediate thingy, or at least as best I could remember it otherwise I made it up.

3 rounds
Farmers walk 75 feet, 85#, 75#, 75#
4 way neck machine, 150# 4x4
Standing Cable Crunches, 160#, 10 neutral feet, 5 left forward, 5 right forward
Good Mornings, 135#, 8
Farmers walk 75 feet, 85#, 75#, 75#

No comments: