Saturday, October 23, 2010

October 23, 2010: ram: Typical week

Very busy week made it tough to keep to the schedule of alternate strength/aerobic and yoga/stretching days. Company this weekend prevents using the workout area, so activity will be walking/hiking, resuming the base plan sunday or monday.

I am not a careful yoga practitioner, but really like to stretch between the workout days. 8-10 yoga like movements at my pace, focusing on stretching my back half and rotating around my spine. It really relieves tightness and monor cricks that develop from more exertive exercise.

Started it as a young guy with serious lower back pain. Thought it would help but ultimately solved the problem by giving my wife the checkbook and asking her not to tell me where the money goes. Anyway, the two moves are a strong combination for relieving stress and muscle tension.

No comments: