Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1/29/2013

Yoga. Once the work starts I'm ok. Indeed today was focused on hips, perfect. But I almost got up and walked out because of all the twinkly, new-age jargon hash. I understand that every tribe has its' own language. I'm sure I engage in it as well. But, for me the mystical horse-shit just grates.

I just had an insight as to why... as a young person forced to attend church I recall nearly vomiting whenever the phrase "let us pray" was uttered. At once an otherwise sane, even down to earth tradesman/woman, would lapse into stilted and affected phrasing and vocabulary reserved only for these occasions of telling god all about it -- in public, out-loud. Bleh. Nice to have the insight, but, I can do without the recollection. So anyway now I understand some of my impatience with that blather.

I'm not opposed to the good feeling that comes from a session of yoga. I'm not opposed to feeling mystical about  exercise. I'm opposed to inflating it. Let it speak for itself.  If it is true it will prove.

Anyway, the Pigeon is a lovely bitch.

No comments: