Wednesday, September 3, 2014

9-3-14

Pretty lazy Labor Day weekend. Just couldn't get cranking. Accomplished a 3 mile walk with the Mrs and other than a bunch of house chores, was pretty sluggish. As I  become more prone to say with each passing year, I guess I needed the rest.

Back to work on tuesday with yoga. Good session but nothing special to report. Today, wednesday, I did the lunch interval alone, since my cronies are tending toward mountain biking our trails rather than hoofing. But, my time of 36:10 for the 3 miles was my best to date. Continuing the plan of not running faster, but running more of the trail. I feel my aerobic conditioning gradually strengthening. Trying not to get carried away to really push hard, both to avoid injury and because I have to put in another half work day after it's over. Anyway, it seems to be working.

Got home to my bride who just finished a 3 mile walk with a friend, flushed and breathless, talking about how she needs to commit to getting into shape. I couldn't motivate or shame her to do it, but her well conditioned friend seems to have reached her. Hope it sticks.

No comments: