Wednesday, December 3, 2014

12-3-14

I'm in Monterrey, Mexico this week. Until today, except for walking across about 5 terminals at the Atlanta airport, all I've done is eat and drink too much and sleep too little. Today my host, our local manager took me and a sales manager to Las Grutas de Garcia, limestone caves about 30 km from downtown Mty. We were the only 3 visitors to this state park. Parked the car at the bottom of the mountain and spurned the tram to walk up the mountain to the cave entrance. I don't know the distance or elevation gain, I'll guess it at 800-1000 feet, and with the switchbacks it might have been a mile and a half walk. Took 40 minutes to walk it and about half the cave tour to get right  again. My host who is about 60, led the way and seemed fine. Me and the other guy huffed, puffed and sucked our way up behind him, resting several times. The tour guide advised us to cool down before entering the  caves, a good idea. The caves which were really interesting were another 2 km of walking, up and down rough stairways. We meekly took the tram down. And I really enjoyed the rib-eye and tortilla lunch back at the plant. Looking forward to more aerobic workouts this weekend. Nothing like a good butt kicking to motivate a man to get after it a little harder.

No comments: