Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December 10, 2008

Warm up

Basically, I taught "M" how to do OHS and started to introduce Squat Cleans to him. So, not much of a warm up. But today's work was fairly light so I didn't worry about it.

Work out

Press 3x5, 115#
Hang Squat Cleans, 3x5, 135#
Squats, 3x5, 190#
Glute-Ham Raises 3x8

Core 3x20

4 way neck Machine, 150#
Cable Crunches, 150#
Cable Push Pull, 80#
hyperextensions
supine hip march

So what I'm doing is a combination of Rippetoe's Starting Strength workouts and a 10 week cycle I found at EXRX.net. The cycle oscillates between weeks of increasing intensity and weeks of relative rest. So this week is 65% of 1 rep max. Last week was 80% and next week will be back up to 85% the week after 75%. I like the periodization. I'm not convinced the exercises and the number of sets and reps are ideal for me. But, I can work that out.

After tanking this fall I really need to think more clearly about cycles of intensity.

No comments: