Friday, April 10, 2009

Ruminations on Eating in the Zone

I've kinda hit the sticking point. I seem to have stabilized at the 12 pounds lost mark. My options are to increase activity, and or, decrease intake, or both. I've been dealing with lots of other stuff and so I've been limping along holding at 16-17 blocks. Some days I over do it, but, the Zone is a lot easier to stay with than a deprivation diet, so, not too bad. I've been frustrated in trying to get a more accurate lean to fat measurement. Which I was able to do yesterday. Used a hand held device to measure percentage of body fat. Humbling, of course, but, exactly the knowledge I needed. First, I should be eating 15 blocks, rather than the 17 I have been. I think I'll try 5, 3 block meals. There is always the issue of having enough gas in the tank to get through a work out, but, that is just something to monitor. I think, along with underestimating body fat, I'm over estimating the amount of exercise I'm really doing. So, I adjusted that variable too. I've got another 12 pounds to go. With the days getting longer, and warmer I might be able to fit some more exercise in as well. I guess it is just a matter of tinkering until it takes off.

So, again, no recording of poops, or, daily meal plans,... not to bad for an old guy.

No comments: