Thursday, August 20, 2009

August 20, 2009

Work out group about a dozen of us. On the turf it was hotter then the day really was, but, at least way less humid, breezy, and cooler. Yes, I had the weighted vest.

Warm up
8 cycles of running, increasing intensity, and distance

Work, I got there just a little late so only the 55# dumbbells were available, and yes I cast whiney abuse about regarding my co-workers parentage

6 rounds
RDL, 6
30 seconds of push ups
6 weighted lunges, all on a side
30 seconds of push ups
10 yard walk for active rest

4 rounds
Dumbbell swings, 8
30 seconds of get ups
weighted jump and stick squats
30 seconds of get ups
weighted jump and stick squats
10 yard walk for active rest

I tried to use a 40# for the get ups and failed, I just couldn't lock out after the push ups. "J" pointed out sensibly, "Dude, you are wearing the vest, just do the exercise." Sometimes a guy gets dumb in the heat and exhaustion.

No comments: