Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 24, 2009

Work out group 10 people. Beautiful day, but, the turf field added a few degrees.

Warm up, standard fare
Dynamic Mobility, standard fare

Pre-work
Broad jump, 4x10, 60 seconds of rest in between

Work, 4-rounds

55# dumbell
Dumbbell Rows, 5 reps
30 seconds of rest
Dumbbell Rows, 5 reps
30 seconds of rest
Single leg RDL/walking lunge, all on a single side (alternate sides on rounds) 5 reps
30 seconds of rest
burpees, 5
30 seconds of rest

2-rounds
30 seconds of high plank
30 seconds of contra lateral superman
30 seconds of contra lateral v-ups
30 seconds of rest

1 Tabata cycle, 8 rounds, 20 seconds of work 10 seconds of rest = 4 minutes
goblet squats (or in my case weighted vest)

This was fairly tough. I really liked doing the SLRDL and lunge combo as it really fatigued a side. I could feel it stressing and stabilizing each side of my pelvis.

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

You know, I think the coolest/hottest part of the workout that you do with everyone is that you are all doing it outside. Awesome!
(How are the mosquitoes and black flies?)

Sisyphus said...

On the turf we don't have many bugs. I've seen confused Bumble Bees trying to make sense of what seems to be acres of grass. I've had a couple of bites that I think come from no-see-um type things. The other day I worked out on the Field Hockey field at the local high school and that sucked. The Black Flies nailed me. Usually I have bug dope in the car, but of course, not that evening.