Monday, October 18, 2010

Getting started

Ok, so I have been invited to post to Erosion Control and have accepted. My goal is to take the issues of staying active and working out outside of my head hoping that I will be more honest with myself and more regular in my "program". We shall see.

I am 61 and love feeling good. I believe that staying active is central to holding on to this feeling and am committed to keeping it going, whatever that means, for as long as the spirits give plus whatever I can eke out beyond that.

I think all activity counts. Yesterday, I took a 2 hour hike with my pup through a local state game land and wrapped up with some bodyweight stuff: crunches, pushups, pullups, dips, curls, and 20 minutes on the treadmill, during the Eagles game. A good day for me.

Can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds.

No comments: