Monday, January 7, 2013

1/7/2013

Just like everybody else, I've got my new year hard-on for self improvement. I did Yoga today for the noon hour. And it was a good thing. This summer we spontaneously decided to climb Mt Katahdin. I had my butt kicked. Was real eye opener as to how badly out of shape I've let myself get. But, oddly not enough motivation in and of itself. I read Chip's new years post over at BodyTribe, I like his insight into goal setting Watcha got in ya this year? Worth a read. I've invited my daughter to join me as an author on this site. Kind of a way to keep ourselves accountable. Last time I tried to pull together a team of writers it didn't work out too well, alas. Maybe she and I can get some magic going. My goals are similar to what they've always been -- I want to be able to do stuff. I'm not into the "sport of fitness" where fitness is the end, fitness is a means to a richer set of experience, for me. In terms of Chips motivations, I'm trying to get to Thriving and Participating as quickly as possible. "Not dying" and "Surviving" just are not enough, oddly.

No comments: