Monday, March 4, 2013

Sharing the angst

Thanks to Sisyphus for inviting me to post on Sisyphean Enterprises. I suspect I am futher along the chronological spectrum than the other posters. Certainly less hard core in my practices. I do a self designed and led yoga routine. I never seem to get more flexible. But it gets the kinks out and with a few minutes of meditation at the end, helps me sleep, in spite of the inevitable bladder induced intrusions every night. I have a body weight strength routine to try to slow loss of strength and muscle mass. Except of course for curls because I can't totally give up on my biceps. And I have a dog that I love to hike with. I hope he is helping me stay in decent cardio shape so I can hike the Inca trail to Maccu Picchu one of these years. I have a nasty case of bursitis in my right shoulder that I work with elastics most days, and had a knee scoped last year, but am otherwise able to be as active as I want, most of the time. I can attest that as you age, it doesn't get any easier to stay motivated or stay on your program. It changes mainly in that instead of being tempted to have a beer, I am usually seduced by a nap. I think truthtelling on this blog will help me stick with it, as does observing how quality of life runs away from people who don't stay active, especially at my age. So, S, thanks again for letting me back in. I hope you and others will view my stuff as a contribution, in some, hopefully appropriate, fashion.

No comments: