Friday, April 5, 2013

4/5/2013

Fugly barbell, weighted vest, and the Field House.  Today was almost warm enough to take it outside.  If I'd had either sweatpants or a sweatshirt, I'd have done it.

Today, was more about pull and press, so a fair bit of overhead, rowing, or dead-lifting movements.  The reps increased all around, and the steadiness of pace quickened -- I'm not where I left off but I'm getting my work capacity back.  I put the fugly barbell away and then did a finisher of pushup-burpee jumping to a pull-up, 5,4,2,1.  I was fairly sore from Wednesday's squatting, I'd hoped to do yoga yesterday, but found that I had 4 t-shirts and no shorts or socks in the locker -- my gym bag was in the car that the ManCub took, so no yoga.  So, I've re-stocked the locker, and got a nice workout in today. We had some minor successes today at work so going into the weekend feels much better then last week.  I'm hoping to get a hike in one day this weekend.  Probably head up to the Highlands.  There is still a fair bit of snow but hopefully we can get around without a bunch of post-holing. 

No comments: