Thursday, October 24, 2013

10/24/2013

Swim.

Ugh...sigh.  Four of us showed for the inaugural swim thang.  JW is doing the cheer-leading thing for the Peaks to Portland, 2.4 mile open water swim, in July,  as the motivating force.... I swam today -- right now that seems too big of a bite.  The fashion of goggles and swim cap leave a lot to be desired; I'm reminded of Woody Allen playing a sperm.

I took it in hundred yard intervals, breast, crawl, and the left and right side stroke.  I'm fairly confident I got a half mile in, but, I did a fair bit of standing at the ends to regulate breathing and heart rate.  I kept it up for 40 minutes.  I'm fairly nervous about my shoulder the crawl seems to put a lot of strain on it.

Try again on Tuesday.

Looking forward to Squats tomorrow.

No comments: