Wednesday, October 30, 2013

10/30/2013

Yoga.

So, I think I've got a good pattern established here, now:  Monday and Friday, weight training, Tuesday and Thursday, Swimming, and Wednesday Yoga.  If I can get a long walk or another weight training session in one day of the weekend I think I'll call it good and work the pattern for a while. 

Swimming represents the most room for growth both in speed and distance.  To qualify for the Peaks to Portland swim one has to certify that he/she can swim 1 mile in 45 minutes.  Personally I wouldn't consider myself ready at that level -- but, it represents a short term goal.  My shoulder is the weak link.  I'm unsure how much freestyle it will stand and that is the stroke that gets the speed necessary to make the time.  The only way to know is to try.

Yoga was good today I find the teacher to be... vague at times in here direction.  But, I can work with that and I came out with a reasonable stretch and a reasonable relaxation.  Hips, and particularly flexors and the psoas are rubbish, but again, at least I know where the work is.

No comments: