Monday, November 4, 2013

11-04-13

I haven't made any entries for a while, but am dedicated to our walk/runs during lunch. 3-5 days per week is typical depending on weather and travel. Set our record today while not really trying, for 3 miles on a hilly course on a very rough track. In April we were walking it in 48 minutes. Today we did 37:50, first time below 38. Probably half walk and half run. I feel fit, no major injuries and am motivated, as are the others in the group.

Recently I started to do some yoga based stretching in the evenings. I've gotten tighter, so it has been a good thing. Also, the nagging knot in my upper back has eased and I feel better than in a long time.

An article in the NY Times today put out a questionnaire that establishes fitness age based on a large study in Finland, I think. I'm 64 with a fitness age of 52, which feels ok. My atrial fib raises my heart rate a good bit, one of the inputs to the score, and I think puts a few years on. Anyway, feeling fit, and  it's validated by a quantitative instrument. What more could an old guy ask for.

No comments: