Friday, November 29, 2013

Remember the objective...

I thought I was tired. Work has been pretty demanding. I've been doing 4-5 lunch workouts a week and trying to keep up with the younger/fitter runners in the group. Plus weekend hikes and about a half hour of yoga a few nights a week to stem the tightening and get the kinks out.

So the Thanksgiving break was telling. First break of more than two days since the summer. Seems like as soon as I let down for the weekend, I was done. Low energy and lower motivation. To make matters worse, the Thanksgiving morning coffee was, unbeknownst to me, decaf. Add irritability to the fatigue. The good news is that after 2 days of 8-9 hours sleep a night, I'm feeling decent again. Aggressive 3 miler today with my favorite dog felt good.

So caffeine addiction aside, I'm getting that I need more rest than I used to. After all, it's about health and quality of life, not demonstrating eternal youth. Just have to remember...

No comments: