Tuesday, December 31, 2013

12-31-13

OK, since my 12-22 post affirming my commitment to regular workouts during the holiday break, I have taken two untaxing hikes with my out of shape son and daughter-in-law. Now that everyone is gone, time to get back to business. Tate (dog) and I tried a new road trail today. From the house, cutting through the woods, using a right  of way to cross the spillway from the lake dam, then another right of way to a street that intersects with the route that makes up my usual out-and-back home based road workout. The out and back route is 3 hilly  miles, a good workout but the duplication is less interesting than a circuit. Today's route makes a 3 mile circuit. The new half is flatter, making it more runnable. The second half, with its tough hills, adds interest to the workout. Not sure if there will be neighbor issues around using the right of way, but I think just plowing forward will flush them out. It took us just under 40 minutes to do the route in a whiteout level snowstorm. We both enjoyed it. Got a little wet crossing the stream below the dam. Need to plant some better step-stones for the future. Tate is less concerned. Planning to try it again tomorrow.

No comments: