Thursday, January 9, 2014

1/9/2013

Yoga.

First time in a long time, alas, as I was walking out the door a co-worker told me to watch my back on a particular decision.  So, that of course cranked up the nerves.  I spent the whole time telling myself not to over anticipate or to let myself start telling stories about something that hadn't even become an issue yet.  So, to the point, I was distracted and that made following the instructor difficult.  But, I got through without farting or otherwise embarrassing myself. 

I saw JW in the locker room he was in the pool trying to start working his training plan for Peaks to Portland.

Some thoughts on what I've learned about doing Yoga and I by no means am any kind of expert.  Just like Olympic lifting one wants to use his skeleton more than muscles to do the work.  Second is to consciously relax every muscle not in use.  Breathing matters and by staying relaxed it becomes possible.  Third, straps and blocks are ones friends and important for avoiding injury.  I've probably learned other stuff too but these were key for me.

No comments: