Saturday, February 15, 2014

2-15-14

Saturday. Snowing for the fourth or fifth time this week. 5 new inches on the prior 12. Limits the preferred outdoor workout. Did the NYT 7 minute workout plus calves and arms plus 20 minutes on the treadmill, 4.5 mph at 5% incline. Capped it off with an hours worth of snow shoveling. Worn out.

I agree that a mix of workout activities is optimal The yoga routine that my instructor does is a flow based sequence with a higher strength component than I expected, although limited to bodyweight moves. Cardio is my second priority and I need to find a way to get more serious strength work in. I don't think I have the stamina to do 5 or 6 workouts a week. 3-4 seems optimal. Hoping that my energy follows the lengthening days as spring arrives. Don't want to admit how many  evening naps I have indulged in this winter.

No comments: