Sunday, May 25, 2014

5-25-14

Did the 3.3 mile neighborhood interval with Tate. Didn't time it but think we did more running and less walking than recently. Worst of it was that none of Tate's dog pals were out. He squeaked a little at each one's house, but  soldiered on with only my friendship. Best of it was that I think I found the shoes I need for road and light trail running. I've tried some different Merrells and Nikes, and added support and cushioning with insoles but have always had some kind of issue from too little support to too rigid a sole, to my foot sliding forward and hitting the front of the shoe. Now I have a pair of Columbia trail runners that fit perfectly and seem to have the right balance of  properties. Hard to work out when your feet hurt. I'm good on this now, at least for a while.

No comments: