Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weight loss a feature

So, lost 7lbs in the last 3 weeks.  Not an alarming amount, really but noticible in the mirror and the waistband.  That is surprisingly motivational though I don't recommend the technique.  I have ranted elsewhere that reducing intake moderately with increased activity is a more balanced technique.  Subsequently through conversation and experience I've seen that to be nearly impossible with intensive training.  A conversation with one athlete I respect: she has lost more than a hundred pounds and competes in both strong women and the Crash-B rowing erg event says that she has to drop intensity while she diets.  The reduced calories simply prohibit intensive training.  I'm wondering if I can keep this weight loss going through my recovery period and then as I resume exercise balance calories more closely to increased activity.  Last time I ate the Zone I was able to get down to 195.  Loss beyond that was too difficult given my intensity at the time.  I don't have the intensity excuse right now.

No comments: