Saturday, May 31, 2014

So the "pneumonia" word was used a couple of times

So, back from a visit with the PCP and while diagnosis was URI the idea of hairs breadth and pneumonia were explored.  Actually, the Nurse doing the intake was flustered a bit when I initially scored an 84 on my oxygen test.  "Are you having difficulty breathing."  I thought that rated as a stupid question.  But with encouragement I wheezed up to 93.  First time with the Nebulizer treatment thing, I was a little daunted and was expecting to cough up cups of goo immediately.  That didn't happen exactly but I sure breathed easier afterwords.  A long list of pharmaceuticals well started and I feel vaguely human again though not well yet.  I don't really know what to make of this experience yet--what did I learn?  First, I'm shit at recognizing the difference between viral and bacterial infection.  Second, "tough" and "stupid" are heads and tails on the same coin -- when it comes to disease I exhibit both behaviors simaltaneously and that complicates getting help.  I'm still thinking this through particularly now that I'm getting oxygen to the brain.

No comments: