Friday, January 30, 2009

January 29, 2009

Workout Group

14 or so of us.

Warmup

Standard mix of general mobility and dynamic flexibility.

Work out

Started with partner medi-ball stuff, chest passes, slams, 1 legged shotguns, isometric squat hold chest pass (make sure you catch it or you're gonna get blasted in the nads).

20 minutes of medi-ball calisthentics or "Medicine ball love" the work intervals started out at 20 seconds but got longer as the workout progresses so that was tough. Med-ball workouts just tend to be fun, what is it about people playing with balls....

A bunch of us tried box jumps onto a 36 inch box at the end of class, this old fart is happy to say I cleared it and some. Yay me!

Jujitsu Class

Blasted through a lot of yellow belt stuff. Got my self in a pickle with a 22 year old during sparing and if I wasn't still feeling off from this stupid cold, I'd probably fought through but, I decided to give it a rest. He got me in some version of a head lock/guillotine which was annoying and an interesting problem to try and solve. I've thought through some options.

No comments: