Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 1, 2010

I took the Boy Scouts Camping weekend before last. Alas, I came down with some sort of cold/flu dreck. I was sick all week and so missed all of the last week of February.

I felt well enough to start up on Monday. My original plan was to take it easy and just move the the goo out of my lungs. Instead I saw all my friends and didn't want to miss out on the fun.

About a dozen of us. I didn't wear the vest (though I'm hearing more and more people talking about getting vests for themselves.)

We did a standard warm up and mobility, each person picked a a movement cycled through twice.

Weight room

Thrusters, 135# 5x5, 60 seconds of rest

Dumbbell high pulls, 100#, 5 on the right rest 30 seconds, 5 on the left rest 30 seconds, 3 rounds, M and I just alternated, one worked while the other rested.

Goodmornings/drop lunges, JB wrote it one way, we all found different ways to interpret it. I did: 95#, Goodmorning/drop lunge left and right, 5/10, 3 rounds that was about all my attention span could handle.

pushup burpees with a negative pullup and a knee raise kicker, 5x3

medi-ball ab circuit, 3-4 different variations all with partner or group

1 comment:

Crossfit Maineiac said...

Between the Thrusters and The 100.lb high pulls IM SORE :)