Wednesday, January 16, 2013

1/16/2013

Missed yoga yesterday. The first born stopped by with a sammich for Daddy, so, I ate lunch with my daughter instead.

Today, tire flipping, fugly barbell and field-house for fun, fun, fun. Basically the same drill. A friend who also canoes was walking off a cold. We chatted about how back rack barbell walking was like a canoe portage, which is exactly what I'm simulating. All else was pretty much the same, but, I did experiment with a version of diagonal plate raises... except with a barbell. I like them but it will take a little while to smooth the technique out.

 A whole bunch of friends were in the "yoga room" doing an "Insanity Workout." I interrupted them at both ends by retrieving and returning the fugly barbell --lots of busting on "b." Fun to have that camaraderie back. I'm trying to get the first born to write on some different topics. I think a dialogue approach might liven things up and force both of us to think more precisely about fitness.

No comments: