Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hello Blog World

So, Dad says to post a date when I'm doing a workout... however, this being my first post, I will be breaking the rules. Sorry. F for consistency.
Yesterday (1/14/12) I did one of my only works over Christmas vacation. I had been lying around watching Dr. Who and being exceptionally lazy when my good friend texted me a cry for help, "ANNA, I'M SO BORED" were just about the exact words she used. She offered to drive 20+ miles to pick me up at my house if I thought of something we could do.
During this long, relaxing vacation my more motivated field hockey friends told me they were doing Insanity workouts off Youtube. They weren't the original videos, but rather work out groups filming themselves following the Insanity videos. I decided to check them out, because it was a warm, sunny day outside and lying in my bed just wasn't cutting the mustard. I got about three minutes into the video, mind you I wasn't following along -- I was still curled up in my pj's, wrapped in my heavenly down-comforter. Just watching these people do the short cardio warm-up at the beginning of the 20 minute video was making me winded... nevertheless, I asked my bored friend over to participate.
We made it through the work out video, red faced and exhausted, and decided to cool down with a yoga circuit (improper phrase?) called "Sun Salutations."
This morning I woke up with sore shoulders, aching calves, and a tight core... best feeling all vacation.
Here's the video if you're interested...

No comments: